« back to Careers
Director of Product Development
Leading our excellent product development team and defining our technology path to the future.
We are looking for a senior engineering manager to lead development and maintenance of our feature-rich VoIP phone system product line, and to set the future direction of product development.
- Directly supervising a talented team of software developers, with ownership of hardware development, systems engineering, and QA teams
- Working with Allworx Sales and Operations to establish our product roadmap to increase sales and drive profitability
- Driving the application of new technologies and processes to continue our focus on product reliability as a differentiator in the telecommunications marketplace
- Defining and filling open positions as they arise; currently open positions include two application development positions
- Collaborating with the leadership on the implementation of key projects and initiatives
- Managing short-, medium-, and long-term goals and deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Master’s preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in management and leadership roles in an organization producing technology products including frequent software updates
- Strong background in software-oriented positions; experience with team software development doing continuous integration
The Allworx R&D team (located in Rochester, NY) designs and delivers high-value business communications systems that are innovative and dependable – VoIP Phone Systems, IP Phones, PC applications, and Mobile applications. Developing our own intellectual property allows us to produce a business phone system product line with an aggressive and advanced feature set, including integration with mobile devices and contacts, and integration with PC apps.
We’re a company that places a strong emphasis on engineering – we were founded by engineers, and we strive to hire and retain exceptional individuals that are in the top 10% in the industry. The contributions of each engineer are critical to the success of the company - we have pride in the products we create, and our company has a great amount of pride in us. We asked our team members what they would want to tell you about working here, and these are some of the things they said:
- It’s inviting, fun, and challenging (the good kind)
- Smart co-workers - no slackers
- There's a focus on longer-term quality, not just on getting "something done now" or checking off arbitrary boxes on a schedule
- Flexible hours
- People are given a large amount of autonomy to get their job done
- Collaboration wins over protocol
- Engineering is viewed as an asset, not an overhead cost
The Allworx experience is challenging and rewarding. What you create will have an immediate impact on our customers and our company.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com